Yes I admit, there are some things in my life that I do regret, and then there are things that I regret I didn't do. However, I like to think of these 'regrets' as experiences that have made me the person I am today and for that, I am grateful. If I only experienced half the things I did when I was growing up, my life would be completely different to what it is now. It's what we do with the could haves, would haves, should haves, & might haves that make us regret. So how does one live life with no regrets?
1. (Some) Things happen for a reason -“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”― Marilyn Monroe. Do you believe things happen for a reason?
2. Create your own life -Choose your own path, not one that others want you to follow or choose for you. Don't let other people’s opinions influence you too much. Find the courage to change things that should be changed and accept that there are some things that cannot be changed.
3. Enjoy the journey - Go out and live your life - talk to people that you have never talked to before, and actually listen; fall in love and set your sights high. Believe in yourself, because if you don't, who will?
4. Learn to forgive - People come into your life, through the good times, the bad times and even the plain ugly. All of these experiences can be learned from, especially the bad. If someone hurts you, breaks your heart or betrays you - forgive them - and learn from it.
5. It's okay to make mistakes -Write out a list of goals and achieve them by doing them step by step. If you make a mistake, learn from it, forgive yourself, and move on. Don’t give up when things get difficult.
6.Live in the now - By loving the present and being aware of your thoughts and actions. Appreciate every moment and take from those moments everything that you can, because you may never get the chance to experience it again.
Kia Ora, I'm Charlene. I love my family, organising my home, inspiring others and sharing creative ideas. My goal is to encourage YOU to 'Be Organised, Be Inspired, Be Creative & Be Yourself'. Grab a cuppa, Subscribe to my blog and ENJOY!
I love it when you share. Please note all images and text on this blog are property of Teacher by trade, Mother by nature. You may use one or two photos, provided you link back to my original post. I ask that you do not remove any watermarks, crop or edit my images, without obtaining permission from me. Sharing and pinning is always welcome and very much appreciated. Thank You.