I thought it was time to share some random facts about me on the blog and thanks to Tuesday Ten - it's happening RIGHT NOW! I love reading these sorts of posts, because it allows me to get to know the bloggers a bit more. So here are my 10 random (and not so random) facts about me...Enjoy!
(2) I played Soccer for over 16 years and wore #14 shirt for most of those years (it’s my favourite number). I was also Captain of the Girls Cricket team at high school. Bit of a Sporty Spice!
(3) I owned a pair of ‘Spice Girl’ shoes (white platform sneakers) when I was 16 and wore them to my Prom. (Yes I loved the Spice Girls, and yes I was really tall wearing those sneakers)
(4) I was hospitalised for 6-7 weeks due to having Osteomyelitis - An infection in the bone, only 2 out of every 10,000 people get it. It is a rare, but serious condition.
Quick Story of what happened: I was 7 and raced my classmates to the mat, a boy put a chair in front me and I tripped over it, banging my knee on the ground. I limped home that afternoon, told mum I was really tired, so I had a nap on the couch. After a few hours, I needed to go to the toilet, got up and fell straight back down - I had lost the feeling in my legs and couldn't walk. My Dad had to carry me everywhere. My mum took me straight to the Hospital, where I was admitted and stayed for over 6 weeks. Note: the boy was VERY sorry and felt really bad.
(5) I have 4 brothers (2 older and 2 younger). So not only did I suffer 'middle child' syndrome growing up, I also had to deal with being the only girl. It did have its perks though - (5a) I am a Daddy's Girl!
(6) I don't like to wear things that are "in fashion" - I prefer to buy clothes/accessories from the 'Clearance' tables/racks - Love Bargains & Sales
(7) I had a pet lizard (just a little garden lizard) when I was younger. His name was "Prodigy" because he had mohawk like the main singer from 90's band, Prodigy (remember them? Firestarter!)
(8) I have never been in a cast. Although I did have a small fracture on my right arm, due to swinging (playing) on the soccer goal posts and falling off. I had to wear a sling for a few weeks. I have a small dent in my arm from where I fractured it - it's my battle wound - and a reminder 'no swinging on the goal posts'.
(9) I write with my left, and throw with my right.
(10) I am very sentimental. I keep A LOT of stuff that I don't actually need! I also make connections with every thing and everyone - I think it's my way of making sense of the world! (hard to explain)
So there you have it - 10 Random Facts about Me - now it's your turn - Please share 5 random facts about YOU in the comments below or if you are a blogger, write a post like this and link up with Lisa & Rabia over at Tuesday Ten. (Link below)
This post is part of the #TuesdayTen Link Up with